There are many reasons for buying a DeLorean car. Perhaps the most common reason is the nostalgia factor. The DeLorean was made in 1981 and was one of the first sports cars to offer an automatic transmission with a standard manual override, as well as being able to go from zero-to-sixty miles per hour in seven seconds flat.
This sleek-looking vehicle also has gull-wing doors that open upwards, which makes it look even more futuristic than it already does! Just picture that!
There are plenty of other reasons why someone might buy this particular car too such as its versatility or its perfect gas mileage, so if you’re thinking about getting your hands on one of these beauties read this now!
About Delorean motor company
The DeLorean motor company (DMC) was founded in 1975 by John Z Delorean. He previously started a car company called the DeLoreans at the end of 1963.
The DeLoreans are well known for creating the first sports car to be built with a fiberglass body, which became one of the best-selling sports cars in the American market during this period.
What is a DeLorean
A DeLorean is a type of car that was made in the late 20th century and featured gull-wing doors. The Delorean was first introduced in the 1985 movie Back to the Future.
The DeLorean was the first sports car to offer an automatic transmission with a standard manual override, as well as being able to go from zero-to-sixty miles per hour in seven seconds flat.
This sleek-looking vehicle also has gull-wing doors that open upwards, which makes it look even more futuristic than it already does!
Why do people love DeLorean?
There are plenty of reasons why someone might buy a Delorean if they had the money for one (which DeLoreans aren’t exactly cheap) but some of the most common reasons you might hear are:
- The nostalgia factor – If you’re looking for a Delorean you might have seen one before in the 1985 movie Back to the Future. There were three cars used in this film that featured various celebrities including Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Thomas F Wilson.
- The versatility – The model can be fitted with a car kit for about $200 that allows it to run off of any kind of fuel source as well as be used as an RV when needed. It can also easily fit from 1-6 people inside its sleek body.
- It’s perfect gas mileage – If you’re looking for a Delorean primarily because of its gas mileage then look no further! At 24 miles per gallon, only $5 is required to fill up this car.
How much does a Delorean cost?
There are many different factors that can affect the price you would pay if you were looking for an original Delorean but here’s some data from prices that show how much they range around:
- 1981-1982 $53000-$58000
- 1983 $55300-$61100
- 1984 $58200-$68600
- 1985 $95000-$110000
- 1986 $150900-$192000
- 1987 $220000-$265000
- 1988-1995 N/A(out of production)
The DeLorean can be finished by the DeLorean Motor Company with a variety of options including but not limited to, wiring, suspension pieces, and interior parts.
Also, you can choose from many different engine upgrades as well as gearbox upgrades. You can also choose to install different wheels.
The DeLorean Motor Company is also in talks with licensed manufacturers for wheels like Alpina wheels which are considered among the best on the market today!
Where is DeLorean sold?
If you’re looking for DeLorean that was recently in production then they might be harder to find than some other vehicles however there are still places where they may have stock:
- Ireland – Cavan would be one place DeLorean is being sold because DeLorean is an Irish creation. They were sold in a dealership between 1988-1993 and parts for DeLorean could be found if you searched hard enough.
- Philadelphia – The Delorean Motor Company is located at 2055 Adams Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19118. Deloreans can also be bought online but this Delorean motor company is not associated with the Delorean car company that produced DeLorean in Northern Ireland.
DMC is also currently located at Hunting Beach, California
In fact, in April of 2011, the manufacturer announced plans for production due to the high demand for DeLorean but it has yet to be determined if these will resemble the previous model or not, but it should be worth the wait.
As of right now, they have no date set for when they plan to start production and are only doing small upgrades that are already in existence before they go on sale again!
What type of engines does a Delorean use?
There is a V6 engine which is advertised as being very powerful. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that it gets great gas mileage. It can get from 0-60 MPH in 7 seconds and about 125 MPH at its highest rate of speed.
They can go about 220 miles on an average tank of gas which includes a city and highway driving.
How quickly is Delorean increasing in value?
A Delorean will not increase in value as much as some other cars but it will be more valuable as time goes on because there are so few models left and that they are being discontinued now, which will make DeLorean from this time period harder to find, which may increase its value within the decades!
What is DMC’s new design for DeLorean?
DMC DeLorean is building a new DeLorean that will have new technology and design to appeal to a newer generation of Delorean enthusiasts! They are expected to be released before DeLorean begins selling for the public.
Can I get a new Delorean DMC 12?
The newly manufactured DeLorean DMC 12 is expected to be released by the end of 2021, according to the vice president of DeLorean Motor Company. For the first time, a reborn DMC 12 will come equipped with a new engine and modern amenities, with an iconic look that fans hope to see.
The company has put a price tag of around $100,000 on the car in the past, but for some customers, it’s worth the waiting because of all the nostalgia that comes with this brand.